So many delicious flavors wrapped up into one moist and beautiful cake!
Now, I haven’t actually made this dessert (Nutella is ridiculously expensive in Venezuela) but I’ll figure out a substitute and let you know how it went.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Nutella
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 5 Tablespoons coconut milk
Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
Directions for cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 nine inch round pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together for 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat and additional minute per egg.
- Add coconut extract.
- Add four mixture and coconut milk alternatively until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pans and place dollops of Nutella around the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Invert cakes and cool completely.
Directions for frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add coconut extract and coconut milk.
- Add powder sugar and beat until spreadable consistency.
- Spread frosting over first layer and then stack the next one.
- Do the same for the top layer.
Directions for the ganache:
- Melt chocolate chips with heavy cream together in microwave for 45 seconds and stir.
- Repeat until smooth.
- Drizzle over top of cake.