This is, undoubtfully, the best mug brownie ever. It’s sinful and decadent, and I would eat this all my life if it wasn’t a probable cause of Type II Diabetes. It’s so good, I even dreamt about it.
It’s more fudgy-ish than brownie-ish, but I don’t care, it’s delicious and amazing. Top it off with some ice cream (vanilla, because I’m a simple gal) and you have a new best friend who will never, ever judge you.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- a dash of vanilla extract
- a dash of salt (if you used unsalted butter)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar (I used regular, granulated white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate (optional, but I highly recommend it)
- 1 tablespoon of crushed nuts (almonds, hazelnuts. Not peanuts, I hate those with chocolate. This is optional, too)
- half a teaspoon of instant coffee (optional)
It’s ridiculously easy to make.
- Melt the butter (10 seconds in the microwave should be enough)
- Add the milk, vanilla, sugar, salt, flour and cocoa. Combine well.
- Add the instant coffee, chocolate chips, and crushed nuts, if you want to. Or not, that’s okay. Your loss.
- Microwave for 80 – 90 seconds until the center is slightly uncooked.
- Ta-da! Mug brownie ready to go.
As I said, you can put some ice cream on top of it, add some chocolate or caramel syrup, chocolate shavings, more nuts, whipped cream, oh, my God, I think I’m going to have a heart attack.
The difference with other recipes is that this one doesn’t have eggs, which for me is great. I have tried other recipes that have eggs in them, but they turn out spongy and dry and just… not right. This is the best recipe I have found.
Also, this was actually my dinner.